Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Luscious Lemon Slice

I have a real thing for sticky gooey lemon slice, and normally use the same recipe. But the other day I found a copy of Gran's Kitchen ~ Recipes from the notebooks of Dulcie May Booker on sale. A book that I have been coveting for some time now, so I snapped it up! Inside was a lovely simple recipe for Luscious Lemon Slice.


It uses only 5 ingredients and is really quick and easy to make. A great little recipe for a last minute morning tea.


Dulcie May Booker's Luscious Lemon Slice

BASE
1 cup self-raising flour
1/2 cup caster sugar
60g butter
1 egg, lightly beaten


FILLING
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup caster sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
60g butter

For the base: sift flour into bowl, add sugar, stir well to combine. Rub in butter and add egg to form a soft dough (I mix this through quickly with a butter knife). Press two thirds of the mixture into tin.
For the filling: place all filling ingredients into small pot and stir over low heat until thick. Pour the hot filling over the dough in the tin. Crumble the remaining dough over the top.

Bake at 180 C for 30 minutes.

My notes:
*I found this mixture to be a little sticky, so used a little more flour.
*My tin was 26cm x 16cm and I lined it first with baking paper so it was easy to remove and cut.

Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. Oh I love all things lemon, will defiantly be making this one

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this recipe. I usually make a simple lemon muffin when I have lemons on hand...but this recipe looks really easy and yummy that I think I might have to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yummmmm....I'll have to get some lemons in the groceries tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum - thanks for sharing the recipe - I loooooove lemon cakey stuff!

    ReplyDelete