Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Screen Printing

We had our third screen printing class last night (6 classes in total) and I had my first go at screen printing on to fabric. As you have probably guess, I just love how my birds turned out!


As it was just a test run, there was no fixative in the paint, so these can't be used for anything that needs to be washed... I will have to put my thinking cap on and find a good use for them. I am already leaning towards using them to make some gift cards/tags... if you have any other great ideas just leave me a comment :-)


It is such a satisfying experience printing on to fabric and seeing the final piece with the weave texture showing through...


I can't wait until next Monday! I already have a hundred and one designs swirling around in my head... but it is far too muddled in there, so I need to get myself organised and put them on paper where they belong!


On another note, hop over to Rabbit and the Duck where Shannon is running a cool anniversary giveaway... you could be lucky enough to win!

Enjoy the rest of your Tuesday xx

1 comment:

  1. I love your black birds! I really want to try some screen printing, it's on my long list of things to learn in the next 12 months : ) Thanks also for mentioning my giveaway on your blog : )

    ReplyDelete