Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Pottering

Lucy and I have had a lovely slow morning pottering in the garden and baking biscuits. I am just loving this mild early Spring weather we are having!


We made these divine chocolate chip cookies. I think I put in a little too much butter as they spread quite a bit, but they were still scrumptious and there are so many that they will hopefully last for our weekend away at the beach.


Chocolate chip biscuits from this recipe:

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Mix and set aside:
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt

Now mix together the wet ingredients:
3/4 cups sugar
3/4 cups brown sugar
1 cup butter, melted and slightly cooled
2 large egg yolks
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 cups chocolate chips (I cut up hunks of dark chocolate as I prefer to choc chips))

Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix gently with a wooden spoon. Do not over mix!! While there is still some flour showing, add 2 cups of chocolate chips and mix the rest of the way.

Place balls on lined baking tray and bake for about 10 minutes (or until golden) at 190C.

Enjoy the rest of your day xx

No comments:

Post a Comment