Tuesday, August 11, 2009

More Thrifty Finds

As I was on my way to the fish shop this morning I walked past the Hospice shop and thought I would just have a quick wee look... (I couldn't just walk past without a little squiz!). Anyway, I found this sad, stained, torn little bag today and immediately thought it would be great to rip apart and reuse.


The outer fabric was stained, torn and drawn on, plus it was glued to a manky old foam, so I couldn't save that, but I managed to salvage the trim, handles, catch and even some fabric from the lining.


I also made a cute little sundress today out of a vintage pillowcase (also found in the Hospice shop). So quick and eay to make, and it was nice to have a little time to sew today and end up with a finished product! I didn't quite have the 'right' ribbon for the ties, but these will do for the sake of the photo - tomorrow I will hunt down the perfect ribbon!

Stay tuned... xx C

No comments:

Post a Comment