Thursday, December 02, 2010

my creative space: retro fabric

I found the most amazing vintage fabric yesterday. Well, actually, I found the most amazing vintage kids quilt cover (complete with very, very, old feather duvet inner inside!) which I snatched up and bought at lightening speed before anyone else could see it!


I took it home, cut it up, soaked, washed and aired it on the line - so it is now the most amazing vintage fabric ripe to be used! The only problem is I have so many ideas of what I want to do with this gorgeous fabric that I might need to just pause, and think it through first. Watch this space...


I have just finished packing up a new batch of upcycled envelopes after spending the last couple of evenings cutting, folding and gluing (whilst watching Master Chef Australia!), I also have a stack of other things to do this morning (as my sick 2 year old is asleep...) in preparation for the Devonport Christmas Market in the Park on Sunday, before I head to an afternoon training course, then Bella's Christmas concert tonight! Better get a move on :-)

For more creative peeps, head over to Kirsty's

16 comments:

  1. What an amazing find! Why am I never that lucky at finding vintage goodness like this??

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, love that fabric - the envelopes are very cool also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been trying to be 'good' and stay away from op shops for a while, I just happened to be walking past and thought I'd have a quick look, no buying, but it just jumped out at me! Couldn't believe my luck :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice envelopes - I spot some Richard Scarry there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabric magnificent!
    Love those Richard scarry envelopes - i think i am a bit sad the book is no longer!! What will happen to Huckle's sister - she will never get her balloon back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That fabric is gorgeous!! I would have trouble choosing what to do with it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous find! Looking forwad to seeing what beomes of it! love your envelopes too : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great fabric. Love to see what you do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh! What a score!! Perfect!! Can't wait to see what you do with it - I'm sure you'll do it justice!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have major fabric envy right now ….. You lucky lucky thing! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful envelopes, such a gorgeous idea. And holy wowsers!! That Fabric is to die for - what a lucky, lucky find!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh that fabric is AMAZING (gush gush drool), great find. Loving your up-cycled envelopes too, very clever x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice find ...I wonder what you will decide to make with it?

    ReplyDelete